Children impacted by family violence have unique emotional, social and safety needs that require specialized support. The Child Support Worker provides support to both children and their mothers with practical assistance with daily needs, child care and supportive programming. This individual helps to create a safe, welcoming and supportive environment that promotes the well being of the families we serve.
Could you be who we’re looking for?
- Passion for supporting children/youth and families.
- Able to build positive connections and find strengths in others.
- Committed to empowering people.
- Enjoys challenges and ongoing learning.
- Professional and supportive team member
- A post-secondary education in a Human Services or Early Child Development program.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations and children/youth.
- A solid understanding of family violence and the effects of trauma on children.
- Thorough understanding of child development/behavior and practical experience supporting parents.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with strong computer skills.
- A minimum of 3 year’s driving and insurance history.
Who we are:
The Lloydminster Interval Home Society is dedicated to developing life-times of well-being and healthy relationships for all. We operate an Emergency Women’s Shelter, Transitional Housing, Outreach Programs, Lloydminster Community Youth Centre and “For the Interval” Store.
What we offer:
The Lloydminster Interval Home offers a supportive, healthy work culture, professional development opportunities, a competitive wage with a comprehensive benefit plan, annual performance bonuses, along with annual training and wellness allowances.
If this opportunity appeals to you and you want to be part of a progressive, dynamic and well-respected organization please submit your resume along with a cover letter via email or fax by September 26, 2018 to the following:
The Lloydminster Interval Home
Box 1523, Lloydminster, AB/SK, S9V 1K5
Fax: 780-875-0609, Email: email@example.com
No phone calls please. We wish to thank all applicants in advance, however;
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.